Everyone needs a clubhouse! You can build your own backyard shelter, retreat, or clubhouse even if you have never built anything before. The clubhouse above was built in 1959 by three kids aged 8, 9 and 11, with no money or help from grownups! I know; I was the 11-year-old who took this picture. I'm sharing here what I have learned since then.
Readers of all ages are welcome to comment with their own ideas, pictures or stories.
To help you on your way, I've written a book titled "Keep Out! Build Your Own Backyard Clubhouse", which is available through bookstores or at Amazon.com . Many of the items I post here are also in the book.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Need Any Help?

If you're trying to build your clubhouse but don't know what to do next, either as you are starting out or at some point in the middle, let me know.  You can comment to this post with a question, or e-mail me at mothesart@gmail.com. I'll help you if  I can!
 

Friends can help you too...

2 comments:

  1. We found your book at the library and loved it so much that we had to buy our own copy. My 5 year old is drooling with envy in front of the illustrations. I checked a few books on tree houses and clubhouses but yours is truly the best for simple no-nonsense explanations. Hope to start soon our clubhouse project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mr. Mothes for your book, this blog, and your kind reply to my email! Wishing you love and cheer. Ben

    ReplyDelete